• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DrNil

DrNil

Trash Master

• Webmaster
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:32 AM

Hello. It has come to our attention a leakage of rather exclusive material from one of our forums. The publication of software distributed here as internal, or distributed by members who want to share their work ONLY within this community should be observed at all times. After all, what has made PhoenixBBS aka betabbs aka VDown legendary is precisely the nature of our releases.

The unfortunate event that led to some material being disseminated throughout the internet, was provoked by one of our well liked and respected members' carelessness with regard to internet security. IOW, his account was compromised and therefore someone using his login credentials gained access to this material. Having learned of this irregularity by the member, we conducted an investigation which resulted in the outright ban of the impostor and also the deletion from our dB of one "other member" he had invited 2 days prior (an alter ego called <REDACTED>).

The idiot that stumbled upon the login details is a known troll and a pariah in the virtual world. He goes by the name <REDACTED> and he had to create his own forum (TIRA) where he shields himself under the <REDACTED> moniker, in order to have a place in the net where he won't get banned from. He was responsible for raising havoc on other boards around the net (eXeTools for example). From this utter failure of a forum (the TIRA board), this imbecile conducted the spread of this data out of spite when he was discovered and ousted like the POS he actually is.

I am aware of the existence of an overlap in membership between PhoenixBBS and TIRA, and those members with dual membership should not feel singled out in any shape or form by this announcement. We value their membership with us and in as much as they continue to abide by our rules, absolutely nothing will change. I want to be emphatic on that point, since being part of a board created by a moron does not make one become a moron. Perhaps some of those members were never aware of this leakage, since I would like to believe that precisely members who enjoy RCE would be the first ones to respect a colleague's work and desires.

What has made us great over these 20 years of existence, is or cohesiveness of spirit and our unrelenting ambition to excellence. Many members who thought to be "too important" to follow our rules, have seen their membership here being terminated. Others (who showed at least the ethics to do so) preferred to discontinue their participation here, and were gracious enough to let us know. Our PM boxes are always open for our members who might seek advice or clarification.

I also wanted to apologize on behalf of PhoenixBBS and its staff to all the great contributors, who might have been damaged by the underhanded method in which their private contributions were shared with the internet at large. This internet, which has been dumbed down enough already to make room for idiots who some time ago would have been laughed at and dismissed as worthless trolls like this <REDACTED> character. So, a couple of things to do in order to protect your accounts from the internet "trashlords":

<< Blah, blah, blah about passwords security, etc. :D :D :D :D :D :D >>>

Finally, let's put this behind us like what it really was, just a blip in the radar, an insignificant internet bug that was taken care of, a nuisance, a very small event considering our long history. So, be well and do let us know of any irregularity or unexpected behavior you may come across. Please, hit the thank you button so we know this PSA message has been read. Comments by PM only. Thanks very much for your attention.

When I test apps + fixes, I do so under W7 Pro SP1 x64.

#2 Anonymous

Anonymous

World Leader

• Administrators
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:18 AM

After that JOKER DrNil, to whom I will henceforth refer to as DrZero or DrTrash, made that silly post back in the original betabbs.org forum, which I have reproduced faithfully above save for some redaction of names to protect the privacy of the innocents, I will go forward now to explain why each and every one of his sentences is fraught with inaccuracies, some of them quite glaring in nature.

Allow me to quote them one by one from his own post and explain the fallacies in every statement of his!

Hello. It has come to our attention a leakage of rather exclusive material from one of our forums.

Oh yes, this part is very much true! There was certainly a leak, a very huge one at that! There is no doubt as far as this statement is concerned.

The unfortunate event that led to some material being disseminated throughout the internet, was provoked by one of our well liked and respected members' carelessness with regard to internet security. IOW, his account was compromised and therefore someone using his login credentials gained access to this material.

No, no, no...
Isn't this a HUGE lie, DrTrash!

The fact is that the leak occurred solely because of the 10 year old outdated forum software that you use with zero concern for security. Is it any surprise that the forum was indeed hacked???
Why on earth would you want to heap the Blame on some other member and try to make them the scapegoat?

If you are a man, DrTrash, OWN UP to your mistakes.
Oh, I forgot.. Sorry. I forgot that you are not a man in the first place. :lol:

Having learned of this irregularity by the member, we conducted an investigation which resulted in the outright ban of the impostor and also the deletion from our dB of one "other member" he had invited 2 days prior (an alter ego called <REDACTED>).

Seriously? Is it the Blame-The-T-Lord for every hack on the internet season? Where one blames the poor chap for every internet forum breach? :rolleyes:
Shame on you, DrTrash.
Like I said, OWN UP to it when the breach happened purely due to your own carelessness!

You FOOL, DrTrash, this hack was done by the ANONYMOUS group in order to stand up against the strong-arm tactics adopted by the betabbs.org staff towards the other members.

He goes by the name <REDACTED> and he had to create his own forum (TIRA) where he shields himself under the <REDACTED> moniker, in order to have a place in the net where he won't get banned from. He was responsible for raising havoc on other boards around the net (eXeTools for example).

It is not your place to talk about "other forums" you fool! Stick to your own forum, which you could not manage properly in the first place, which led to this hack!

Did you know that the TIRA forum had been SOLD OFF way back in 2018 to someone else, even though it was created by <REDACTED> prior to that?

You didn't know that. You must be sleeping under a rock, or maybe living at the bottom of a well, or.. Listen to this: You must be sleeping under the 10 year old betabbs.org forum software riddled with security holes, DrTrash :D

From this utter failure of a forum (the TIRA board), this imbecile conducted the spread of this data out of spite when he was discovered and ousted like the POS he actually is.

BetaBBS.ORG is the FAILURE here, DrTrash. NOT the other board, whose boot laces you do not even have the right to lick, let alone untie!

After all, what original work does the BetaBBS forum have, to share? It is only second-hand work and STOLEN work that is shared at BetaBBS.ORG

The failure of betabbs.org was also SOLELY due to your UTTER INCOMPETENCE DrTrash!

I do not know who the hell made you a WebMaster, lol. :D
A SHIT-MASTER title would suit you better, DrTrash!

I want to be emphatic on that point, since being part of a board created by a moron does not make one become a moron.

YOU are the moron here, DrTrash.

It is the misfortune of the users at BetaBBS that they had to see a day where they had to come across a post like yours. Full of shitty accusations with ZERO EVIDENCE.

Just a nice way to cover your arse and lay the blame for the hack of BetaBBS on to another innocent reverser!.

What has made us great over these 20 years of existence, is or cohesiveness of spirit and our unrelenting ambition to excellence.

It is also quite important to note that while BetaBBS was indeed great, you were NOT the webmaster or holding any staff designation. The destruction of the forum started only after you took up the staff posts, the incompetent NINCOMPOOP that you are, DrTrash!

I also wanted to apologize on behalf of PhoenixBBS and its staff to all the great contributors, who might have been damaged by the underhanded method in which their private contributions were shared with the internet at large. This internet, which has been dumbed down enough already to make room for idiots who some time ago would have been laughed at and dismissed as worthless trolls like this <REDACTED> character.

The fault here was ALL YOURS and the hack was due to your utter incompetency regarding internet and web security protocols. There is no denying that.
Yes, the internet has already been dumbed down enough to make room for nincompoops like you, DrTrash.

Finally, let's put this behind us like what it really was, just a blip in the radar, an insignificant internet bug that was taken care of,

YOU BLUNDERING FOOL.

It was not "taken care of," you big bag of shit! :D :D :D :D :D

If had been "taken care of" then HOW ON EARTH would we be getting hold of this post of yours, and WORSE YET, how on Earth would we be making a replica of the BetaBBS site like this? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Just goes to show what a huge self-deluding fool you are, DrTrash aka DrNil! :lol:

a nuisance, a very small event considering our long history.

NOPE. This would be a VERY LONG event, with the end NOWHERE in sight.
This replica site is a good example.

So, be well and do let us know of any irregularity or unexpected behavior you may come across.

DrShit... There is a HUGE irregularity here. Head over to betabbs.vip and you will see it lol :)

Please, hit the thank you button so we know this PSA message has been read.

Do you guys know a funny thing?
DrShit (or DrTrash, or DrNil, I forget..) He actually is shameless enough to click on the LIKE button (or thanks button)impersonating some inactive users for this post of his to save his shitty face :D
I mean.. You can all see for yourselves: There are around 400+ views but even then there are only around 80 "likes" (that is, including even his self-clicked thanks) for that post :D :D :D
A truly shameless character I must, this DrNil alias DrShit.

Thanks very much for your attention.

Thank YOU all for reading this too...
  • Anonymous likes this

#3 -tusk-

-tusk-

Elephant with a Tusk

• Assistants
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:50 AM

The mighty ANONYMOUS is involved? We are royally screwed! :(

#4 BiG-BoY

BiG-BoY

BiG BoY, SmalL D*cK

• Administrators
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:56 AM

Oh boy! Why did we ever make the useless @DrNil the WebMaster :wacko: He has now brought the whole forum down  :angry: 

200xred.png

#5 TonyWeb

TonyWeb

alias mr.eax09

• Exclusive Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:39 AM

You IMBECILE! DrBil, DrSHIT! You worthless piece of sh*t!

It is a matter of pride and a satisfying sense of excellence that this REPLICA site is so important to a pinheaded asshole like YOU, DrNil, that you spend so much time writing provocative updates to your stupid PSA thread, attempting to discredit genuine reversers and cover your arse as well as divert people's attention away from the glaring incompetence of your WebMaster (or ShitMaster Skills). YOU already lost DrNil aka DrShit.

I would also like to reassure to everyone involved in sharing this material that the breach was contained at the entry level...

When will you stop lying through your teeth, DrTrash?

so we have resumed to serve files via FTP (thanks so very much to our generous providers), and also by DD links from different areas that remained untouched even during the times...

You FOOL, DrNil, you are still deluding yourself? Is it just as delusionary as your "VAULT" that you created overnight that contains nothing but all the S*hit in your brain??? Another HUGE lie here!

You are a mental midget DrNil. The internet is huge, and your distant and dim site will only exist in your solipsistic and vulgar mind. We pay zero attention to your idiocy. We've moved on.We are so far up on the evolution scale that cannot feel the disturbance caused by your POS and your sorry existence.

..."Karma is a b*tch and payback a motherf**ker". So, you are a worthless shithead sucking your own insignificant moronic ass. Just beware that we do have multiple sources of information. I won't say more.

Well, I am sorry I've taken up your time with this follow up, but I wanted to let every reader know how the situation vis a vis the "leakage" was developing. There's nothing new besides the fact that you are the biggest moron on Earth!

Want to learn unpacking ... but I'm too stupid :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: security, intrusion, membership